- Investing is our passion – Analyzing companies and markets is something we do daily; it is this passion that ultimately leads to the investment success of our clients.
- Serving our clients with integrity and accountability – This is the essence of building and maintaining strong, long-term client relationships.
- Acting solely in our clients’ best interests – Investing alongside our clients ensures that our principles and values are aligned with theirs; we treat their assets as if they were our own.
- Independence of thought – We think for ourselves; other business interests, recent investment returns and consensus views do not shape our investment approach.
- Value investing – Our business is one of identifying “undervalue” in the financial markets; we want to own “good” companies, but at the “right price”.
- Disciplined approach to managing money – Conviction in our insight and decision-making approach facilitates the analytical framework to successful and reliable investing.
- Investing with a “margin of safety” – Our conservatism means we would rather be reasonably certain of a good result than hopeful of a great one; good investing is about avoiding mistakes.
- Maximizing long-term net worth – We are not market timers; successful investing is about effective asset allocation between equities (“risk assets”) and bonds (“safe assets”).